Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Second Acts

"Autumn is a second spring, when every leaf is a flower" Albert Camus



I was suppose to be sweeping off the terrace while Mom was finishing preparations for Sunday Family Dinner, but.....    




these maple seed pods, blown down by the preceding day's storm, caught my eye and when gathered up, sparked my imagination.






Out came the floral wire and tape, and with the able assistance of my clever sister-in-law,  we began creating "flowers".  Simply gathered together in a cluster and then wired onto found stick "stems", we finished them off with floral tape.










I'm a huge fan of Magnolia grandiflora throughout the year, but especially when it is full of beautiful fury green seed pods.  A quick snip and we were off to create our arrangement.











With a brass champagne cooler for a vase, our creation was complete.  Although we didn't get around to sweeping, Mom says it's ok... this time.